Reporting into the Assistant Financial Controller. This individual will be responsible to ensure that all CHG invoices and expense vouchers across all our North American venues are recorded appropriately and paid in a timely manner. In addition, they will be responsible for monthly accruals as part of our monthly P&L close and reporting requirements. A typical day will include posting and sorting invoices, ensuring accurate GL coding, and working with our internal and external stakeholder, to ensure that invoices are input accurately, and all inquiries are addressed in a professional and timely manner.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Liaise, communicate, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including restaurant level managers, chefs, function heads management, vendors, and relevant local & federal government agencies to develop streamlined processes and controls over the entire AP function
- Process the full accounts payable cycle in compliance with CHG financial policies and procedures
- Maintain Accounts Payable database, file and maintain all accounting documents, verification of vendor statements, and generate accounts payable reports as requested in assistance with month end close
- Respond to and resolves inquiries and issues related to Accounts Payable including vendor disputes related to their accounts
- Ensuring consistent adherence to CHG policies and business rules
- Review coding of invoices and posting into CHG Account Payable System (Archimedes software) and Accounting system (Intacct Sage Software)
- Preparing weekly payments including cheque runs, wires and credit cards.
- Understanding and applying rules for adherence to all the various Canadian and American sales and sale input/output taxes
- Month-end balancing, year-end balancing, and closing activities
- Supporting and participating in various financial system implementations and related projects in liaison with Finance team
- Recommending process improvements in order to gain efficiencies and to reduce errors
- Completing miscellaneous A/P duties as assigned by Management
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable position, preferably within the hospitality industry
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance or combination of education and experience
- Results driven and deadline oriented
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations/processes
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly accurate and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications; specifically, Excel with at least an Intermediate level ability
- Able to work in and support a thriving team environment
- Build effective & productive working relationships across business units and within Finance
- Previous experience with month-end closing processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with rigid deadlines and high accountability
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize
- Experience in Accounting software (Sage or Intacct experience preferred but not mandatory)
- Experience in Account Payable Automation System (Archimedes system or other Cloud Based and paperless AP system) is a bonus.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WHAT YOU DO AT CHG:
- Our offices provide the open-concept vibe, where the HQ team environment is fun and creative
- Competitive compensation and group benefits… with more cool stuff to come as we grow
- 50% discount. Available to use at our phenomenal locations!
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the role in the subject line.