Reporting into the Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for overseeing and mentoring a team of Accounts Payable clerks to ensure that all CHG invoices and expense vouchers across all our North American venues are recorded appropriately and paid. The successful candidate will lead all activities related to payables to ensure smooth day-to-day analysis and processing of all activities related to the AP function.
The successful individual will be highly entrepreneurial needing minimal supervision; and leads by example. Someone who is motivated, has a positive can-do attitude, and is ready to hit the ground running. They will enjoy working in a very fast-paced and challenging environment as we continue to rapidly expand across North America.
What's on your plate:
- Oversee the liaison, communication, and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including restaurant level managers, chefs, function heads, colleagues, management, vendors, and relevant local & federal government agencies and vendors to develop streamlined processes and controls over the entire AP function that achieve efficient and effective service levels
- Train and mentor Accounts Payable clerks
- Process the full accounts payable cycle in compliance with CHG financial policies and procedures
- Lead projects on improving and streamlining the AP function including Comdata, a payment solution which has been deployed across all North American venues with the aim to move all company issues payments away from manual checks into electronic payment to improve cash flow management and also generate rebates to assist our bottom lines; while also supporting a key CHG Sustainability initiative of aiming to reduce paper usage across the company by 50% over the next fiscal
- Maintain Accounts Payable database, file and maintain all accounting documents, verification of vendor statements, and generate accounts payable reports as requested in assistance with month end close
- Respond to and resolves inquiries and issues related to Accounts Payable including vendor disputes related to their accounts
- Track corporate credit card expenses, setup accruals and process timely payments on monthly credit card bills across all venues
- Review coding of invoices and posting into CHG Account Payable System (Archimedes software) and the firm’s financial management Accounting system (Intacct Sage Software) system to ensure accuracy
- Work with other members of the CHG Finance and Payroll team to participate in timely Month-end and Year-end close process for all our restaurants and Management company; including preparation of Accrual files as other duties as assigned by Financial Controller
- Understanding and applying rules for adherence to all the various Canadian and American sales and sale input/output taxes to ensure accurate monthly and quarterly tax reconciliations and lodgment.
- Maintain accounting controls by ensuring consistent adherence to CHG Finance Policies and Procedures
- Assist with year-end external audits working papers and interim work as required
- Recommending process improvements in order to gain efficiencies and to reduce errors
- Participate in a wide variety of ad-hoc reporting, special projects and analysis as necessary in our constantly evolving and growing company.
Ingredients you'll bring to the table:
- 3-4 years’ experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable position, preferably within the hospitality industry in a leadership capacity as we continue to grow our Accounts Payable team
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance or combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships; both internally and externally
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong analytical skills and the ability to translate findings into actionable recommendations and processes
- Can-do attitude and ability to learn new applications/software systems effectively and efficiently
- Ability to process data consistently with high level of accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage assignments and complete duties within tight and constantly evolving deadlines
- Ability to work in and support a thriving team environment
Why you'll love what you do with CHG:
- Competitive compensation and group benefits
- Mentorship and guidance from Top Hospitality Leaders and Entrepreneurs
- Growth opportunities within diverse and expansive concepts as we rapidly grow across North America
- Up to 50% discount on the best dining experiences- Available to use at our phenomenal locations!
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the role in the subject line.