The Chase Fish & Oyster, Kasa Moto
Reporting into the Executive Chef, the Porter routinely uses the dishwasher, sinks, and tools to wash and clean tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment. Required to keep the dish area and equipment clean and organized.
What's on your plate:
- Provides complete and timely communication to other Team Members throughout the shift.
- Is prepared to conduct daily and weekly maintenance duties.
- Maintains cleanliness of dumpster/receiving area if required ensures the property around the building is up to standard.
- Assists Prep Team Members with food items as needed while gathering dirty dishware from them.
- Checks water temperature during dishwashing cycle to ensure dishes are being cleaned at the proper temperature.
- Changes water in the dishwasher and refills dish machine cleansers as needed.
- Assembles dish machine and ensures fresh water in dishwasher prior to shift.
- Stocks stations with clean plates and utensils and sets up dish receiving area for proper sorting of dirty dishware
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes, glassware, pots, pans, storage racks, and utensils by running them through the dish machine or by hand washing using water, towels, and cleaning solutions.
- Visually inspects dishes and glassware to ensure thorough cleaning.
- Organizes clean dishes and returns them to their designated locations to ensure an adequate supply is available.
- Cleans and sanitizes bus tubs with soap and water to maintain soak tray’s effectiveness.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness to standard by sweeping, removing garbage and cleaning garbage cans.
- Ensures closing duties are completed including disassembling the dishwasher, storing dishware, and cleaning the work area.
- Performs opening, closing, and maintenance duties to prepare for the next shift’s operation.
- Checks out with a Manager before leaving to ensure all duties and side work have been completed and performed to standard.
- Understands and adheres to all safety, sanitation, and administrative procedures.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, and CHG Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Ingredients you'll bring to the table:
- Exude positivity and possess a welcoming and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Ability to physically lift and carry heavy items as well as stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to be a part of a team and contribute as such
Why you'll love what you do with CHG:
- Mentorship and guidance from Top Hospitality Leaders in Toronto
- Growth opportunities within diverse and expansive concepts
- 50% discount - Available to use at our phenomenal locations!
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the role in the subject line.