The Director of Human Resources will be a top tier creative, progressive, goal-oriented, and poised business leader. As a member of the senior leadership team and working closely with the CFO and President, you will be responsible for strategic planning, budget management and developing quarterly initiatives that positively impact your department and produces measurable results or HR policies, programs and practices. In ad dition to managing the Human Resource department and will have the autonomy to create forward-thinking initiatives that enrich the professional lives of team members across all restaurants and head office. They will be instrumental in driving the full employee life cycle inclusive of Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Coaching, Development, Compensation, Employee Relations and be fully versed and trained in all aspects.
What's on your plate:
- Champion an employee-focused and performance-based culture aligned to our overall values. You will be a positive influence in building relationships across the organization.
- Act as a business partner and coach to the organization in all relevant human resources issues and provide the best strategies and services
- Lead a small team of human resource professionals and manage department, deliverables and performance, recommends goals and develops and implements strategies to meet them.
- Maintain best in class management and employee guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies.
- Partner with the General Managers of all Ontario and US restaurants to understand business objectives and identify corresponding HR needs while developing an HR strategy to support both the field and HQ
- Partner with Operations to build all operational SOPs and training initiatives while providing policy interpretation and ensuring accurate and consistent application of all company policy and procedures that relate to provisional and state laws
- Mediate and conduct employee relations investigations
- Extensive Employment Standards Act and Health and Safety knowledge with ability to build and train company wide employees
- Partner with Operations to build and execute Employee Engagement, Retention Policies and identify and develop top talent
- Partner with Operations and Finance to build and execute an Annual Review Strategy and related programs and policies
- Contribute to policy and program development that supports employee growth, development,
- engagement and departmental operational excellence and efficiency
- Work in close collaboration with the HR team to assess recruitment needs and strategies, as well as support the attraction and retention of exceptional talent that aligns to our culture and values
Ingredients you'll bring to the table:
- Experience in managing day-to-day operations ensuring proper processes and checks are in place
- Experience supervising/managing a small team
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a quickly evolving and rapid-paced organization.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four year college or university specializing in HR
- CHRP Required, CHRL a strong asset
- Previous experience in progressively responsible HR roles and with minimum 5 years in an HR Manager
- capacity preferably within the hospitality industry or a start-up environment
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Solid knowledge of Canadian and US employment law, preferably Ontario and Florida
Why you'll love what you do with CHG:
- Fun and creative HQ atmosphere; open space concept with daily snacks and beverages
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Competitive compensation and group benefits… with more cool stuff to come as we grow
- Discounts to gyms and wellness programs in the city
- 50% Discounts at all CHG wide concepts
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the role in the subject line.