Sr Payroll Specialist
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this individual will be responsible in reviewing and processing payroll for our concepts within Canada & US. This successful individual will be well versed in provincial and state regulations to ensure we are compliant and legally abiding to all payroll processes and records.
What's on your plate:
- Accurately review and process Payroll in accordance with company and regulatory requirement for 500+ employees across 8 legal entities in Canada and US, hourly and salaried, and with multiple collective agreements.
- Process manual/off-cycle pays as required, terminations (ROE’s and vacation pays)
- Process various regulatory reporting, including ROEs, WSIB remittances, wage garnishments, employment verification requests and new hiring report
- Process and oversee year end reporting and tax form (T4, RL1, W-2, etc)
- Process special payrolls including benefit and year end adjustments
- Process new hires, terminations and employee changes in according to company’s policy and regulation
- Assisting with employee benefits and administration as necessary
- Verify completed payrolls and review reports for accuracy and completeness before distribution.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between Finance, HR, and Restaurants to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Record and maintain employee payroll information accurately; ensure proper authorization and adherence to company policies including
Ingredients you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor Degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance is an asset
- PCP or CPM enrolment or designation is preferred
- 4+ years of full cycle payroll experience in a computerized payroll environment is required
- Exposure to Hospitality and restaurant industry would be considered an asset
- Excellent skills using Excel, MS Word, and experience working with automated Payroll systems (experience with PUSH payroll will be highly regarded but not essential)
- Self-starter at heart, with strong problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
Why you'll love what you do with CHG:
- Mentorship and guidance from Toronto’s top hospitality leaders
- Opportunities to grow and develop within our company
- Competitive compensation and group benefits… with more cool stuff to come as we expand
- Up to 50% discount at our various restaurants
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the role in the subject line.